Fellowship of Isis
Although the various centers within the Fellowship of Isis may have their own specific systems, there are some guidelines that apply equally to all of them. This information has been included below and is relevant for all Societies within the FOI. These guidelines are not meant to inhibit: rather, they are provided to encourage equal standards between all centers. These policies were created by Olivia Robertson and are to be followed at each member's discretion. It is also important to note that the guidelines of the Fellowship of Isis are fluid and changing - what may have once been a requirement, per the request of Olivia Robertson, may now be optional. Please see the individual sections and Olivia's letters for the most recent policy updates and the history behind them. Also see Olivia's letter outlining that all types of training courses are valid in the Fellowship of Isis: Athena, Coursework, Inclusion
All FOI structures and guidelines on this page were created solely by Olivia Robertson. (Olivia's 2002 Letter)
In addition, this page provides links to background information for various other policies and structures: Background Info
Please note: FOI members' centers and/or businesses are individually responsible for their own transactions and are not legally connected to this website in any manner.
- Enrolling New Members: Members of all FOI centers are also members of the Fellowship of Isis. (as per the FOI Manifesto.) To join the FOI, new members accept the principles within the FOI Manifesto, the dedication validated by the sacred hieroglyphs of Isis that is printed on each application form. Membership in the FOI is for a lifetime, unless the member specifically requests resignation. Individual members only are accepted into the Fellowship. Membership in the Fellowship of Isis may be obtained through any active center.
- New Centers: Olivia writes: "Centres issue Charters for new Centres." (Lughnasadh 1999) New centers are formed by the sponsorship/certification from an already existing center Founder, and registered with the FOI. (There are no “self-appointed” centers or appointments in the FOI.)
From Olivia: "Admittance to Iseums, Lyceums, Degrees, Druid Clan of Dana and Noble Order of Tara may be accomplished through any existing centre. Owing to the great increase in Lyceums and FOI centres in many countries and languages, no single national of any country has authority over the Fellowship of Isis or The College of Isis, or any of our centres. There is no special permit of authority from the USA, UK or any other country that recommends or gives permission for any FOI Centre. The FOI has always had a democratic voice." (July 22, 2011)
- Iseums & Lyceums have two distinct purposes within the Fellowship. See this page for more information: The Difference between a Lyceum & Iseum
- New Appointments: In order to preserve the validity of its training courses and to maintain equal standards, the Fellowship does not confer titles based solely on “life experience”, or because of titles bestowed by outside organizations, however worthy. These appointments are accompanied by the appropriate FOI consecration ritual done in person or through attunement with the person who provided the training. (See the individual Society for specific information and Olivia's letter from March 2000 regarding Priesthood training.)
- Centers' Curriculum: Each center preceptor creates an original program of study through inspiration from their own particular Deity/Deities and also includes a ritual from the FOI Liturgy to provide a "graduating" rite. See this page for the associated Liturgy for each Society: FOI Liturgy
Olivia writes regarding the College of Isis, (which applies to all of the FOI's Societies as well): "Each Priest/ess Hierophant offers teachings, linked with the use of FOI rituals - inspired by myself - as "passing out" ceremonies. So there is diversity with unity."
- FOI Priesthood Training: Specific guidelines for those providing Priesthood training may be found here: FOI Priesthood. Olivia's letter regarding the year-and-a-day waiting period after ordination may be found here: Olivia's Announcement
- Non-Affiliation Clause: Members who manage or own outside spiritual organizations are asked to promote and perform their work independently from any Fellowship center that they may also administer (such as a Lyceum). The FOI does not provide an umbrella for any individual or organization, nor is it an “outer court” society for any “inner court” religion. Other businesses, groups or organizations may be run by our members, but they are considered separate and not affiliated with the FOI. No one person or FOI center speaks for or represents the entire Fellowship of Isis as a whole.
Background information: In 1999, Olivia Robertson updated the FOI Manifesto and added the clause: “The Fellowship of Isis has no particular affiliations.” In addition, she writes on February 15, 2000: "Members are free to run their own organizations separately from The Fellowship of Isis. As stated in the Manifesto, The Fellowship of Isis is not affiliated with any particular organization. Individual members only are accepted into the Fellowship." See also Olivia's clarification letters.
- Providing Instruction to Minors: The Fellowship of Isis expects all administrators to research and abide by all laws pertaining to this subject, including following the “age of majority” for their particular geographical areas. Training administrators of FOI centers are expected to obtain permission from the custodial parent(s) - in person and through written signature - before taking on a minor as a student. They are also required to give full disclosure of all curriculum, and obtain parental approval before any instruction takes place. In addition, there are no ordinations in the Fellowship of Isis under the legal age of adulthood.
- Degrees: Any Fellowship ritual drama may be enacted or meditated upon at any time by our members. However, certain guidelines are followed in order for a Lyceum Magi Degree, Iseum Initiate Level, or DCD & NOT Initiation to be issued. FOI Degrees/Levels/Initiations are not formally registered with the FOI. Instead, they are recorded at the training center itself.
Also, due to the transformative nature of the Fellowship rituals, Olivia Robertson recommends to study only one Liturgy system at a time. For example: the Iseum Initiate Level system separately from the Lyceum Magi Degrees, or the Priesthood Alchemy Degrees, etc.
- Issuing of Certificates: Training administrators issue their own new center and title certificates to members when all guidelines are met. It is required that all certificates include the "Aset Shemsu" hieroglyphics. (see the top of the Manifesto.) The new center and/or appointment is then registered with the FOI.
- FOI Center Websites: It is asked that center administrators please choose their website URLs and email addresses based upon their center's name to avoid confusion and misunderstanding within the Fellowship of Isis.
(Background information: Olivia writes on February 20, 2001: "when we began I stipulated that each site should have its own Lyceum or Iseum name.")
- FOI Rituals: Only members of the Fellowship of Isis may enact FOI rites.
(Background information: This was included at Olivia Robertson's request when the Liturgy first went online: "I feel the Liturgy should be private for members only. Our students." (9/27/99) This was in alignment with the Manifesto statements that centers and Isian News were for members only, and the "special prices for members" on the Castle publications order form at the time. It is of course, as all other guidelines, to be followed at each member's discretion.)
Return to Iseum page
Return to Lyceum page
Return to Priesthood page
Return to DCD page
Return to NOT page
Return to Muses Symposium page
Order Fellowship of Isis Manuals
All Rights Reserved.